Monday, September 30, 2013

A Different Kind of Challenge

Usually my challenges are geared towards fitness and focusing on healthier eating.  But starting tomorrow I have a new challenge on the horizon.  It's called The October Dress Project.  The challenge is this:  you wear one dress everyday for the entire month of October, yet you change it each day by using things that you already have.  The point of the project is "less is more" and "be thankful for what you ALREADY have."  So often I have felt like I "needed" a new outfit or pair of shoes or piece of jewelry (you name it!), when in actuality I have a closet full of more than I need!  Lately God has been speaking to my heart about this (and excess in general) and I knew it was time for me to participate in this challenge that I've known about for 3 years.  So now I'm all in!  And I'm excited to see what I learn through this!

Side note:  I will NOT be working out in my dress AND I WILL be washing it often!!  (These were the two things my husband was most concerned about. :) )

Pictures coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment