Friday, March 28, 2014

What's For Lunch...Kale!

Here is my favorite new salad.  Simply Amazing Massaged Kale Salad



But I have to give credit where credit is due.  This amazing recipe came from my friend, Whitney Cabrera.  You will LOVE it!

Ingredients (sorry I don't really measure, but you can't go wrong with this, trust me!):
  • fresh kale, washed, stems removed, chopped, and massaged (I'll explained later)
  • avocado (if I'm just making a big salad for myself I use about half of a medium avocado)
  • lemon juice (about a Tbsp)
  • pure maple syrup (about a teaspoon)
  • salt (to taste)
Optional Add Ins:
  • chopped avocado
  • strawberries
  • sweet peppers (the red, orange, and yellow ones)
  • chopped celery
  • craisens
  • nuts or seeds
So here's what you do:
First, wash the kale.  Cut or tear the leaves off the stems (the stems are kind of bitter).



Then roll up the leaves and chop.



 After chopping it, massage the leaves just like you are giving a back massage.  The enzymes will start being released and you will see the kale change to a brighter green.



 Next, mash the avocado in a bowl and mix in the lemon juice, maple, syrup, and salt.  After it is all blended add it to the kale.  I stir it altogether so the avocado mix is evenly coating the kale (this salad does not have dressing, but the avocado mix acts as one).




 While the salad marinates, chop the other veggies and fruits, add and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment